Thursday, August 9, 2012

Scalloped edge using a corner punch

Edge punches have been around for a while and most of you probably have them... but if you do not, there is a simple trick on how to make your own. Now this is no news but as I used this on my August Class Kit page I promised I would show, just incase someone has forgotten.

In my opinion everyone should have a corner punch. It is so useful and makes such a difference with small means. Now you cannot only use it for rounding the corners, you can also use it to make a scallop edge. You need to carefully remove the guide and then you just pusch it up-side-down against the paper and create the scallopes, one after another. Super easy.



As I said, I used it on my Tinker Bell August Class kit to make those 2 green vertical scalloped stripes behind the center pattern paper. Go ahead and try it if you haven't already!


Of course you can always free-hand cut as well.
Enjoy and please visit my blog

♥ Petra

1 comment:

Jo Baker said...

I used to do this but with the plethora of border punches now in my stash I had forgotten it, thanks for the reminder!