Thursday, June 7, 2012

Distress Painted Chipboard Tutorial


I am always hunting around for the best color, shape and look for my chipboard that I add to my layouts, so this time I tried a new technique for my chipboard letters.  I did not have the right color or shape, so I took some plain chipboard and paint distressed it to fit with the layout.  So here is a tutorial to show you how I did it

.

Distress Painted Chipboard Tutorial

1) Supplies - chipboard, acrylic paint, paint brush, and ink (I used Distress ink, but any will work)


2) Paint your chipboard your desired color - if you are painting over an existing color you might need more than one coat.  Let completely dry before any further steps.


3) Press your finger into the ink (I find brown inks work best) and make sure you have ink on your finger.


 4) Transfer the ink from your finger into your dried chipboard.  You will see finger print marks (lines from your finger) but that just ass to the effect plus they fade some while drying.  Aplly as many coats as you wish, let each coat dry some before the next one or you will just wipe the ink off.
 



 5) Let the ink dry before gluing to your project.  You get this really pretty distressed look to your chipboard, in any color arrangement you like - all your need is the paint color and ink!!


Enjoy!!

Erin Reed  

1 comment:

pysselpetra said...

What a useful and pretty technique. Will try it for sure. Fab page