Monday, September 10, 2012

Doily flower centre

Huge hello to everyone. Spring has finally arrived here in Australia, thank goodness. And we have had some lovely sunshine so far. I can't wait for summer though. I though I would show you how to do something a little different with a paper doily. I have created this doily flower centre when I was working on my September Kit.


It is super easy to make, and I really love the 3D effect it gives a plain paper flower.

First cut out the solid circle centre of a paper doily. Then cut through the scallop piece so that it has two ends.


At small intervals pleat the doily starting at one and end and go all the way to the other end. It should naturally keep a circle shape.



Glue the doily flower centre in the centre of a larger flower, and just reposition the doily shape so it keeps a circular shape. How easy is that.