Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Playing With Chipboard

Hello everyone, Leah here today! I hope that everyone is doing well on these last days of October! I can't believe the time has flown by so quickly! Another month past and almost time for Trick Or Treating (well I guess that all depends on where you are at...it's a definite here in the States!)

I wanted to come by today and share my kits for October. The kits are loaded up on some unusual goodies, like great, different papers and amazing ribbon. Plus some other goodies and...chipboard! Lots of great chipboard in this kit. So today I'd like to share with you what I did with the chipboard and hopefully that will give you idea's for your kit, or for the chipboard we all know we've got stashed around! LOL!

So here, I've used the letter chipboard pieces as is but have done many techniques to the raw chipboard flowers.


Using different shades of brown Distress Inks, I have colored some of the flowers, used different colors as well to stamp on as well. They all have inked edges as well, some brown's, some white. Then each flower center filled up with Bronze Stickles, very pretty in real life! I love how all these pieces turned out!


On this page I went to town inking these pieces! I used foam to add some purple and pink but then also took the Distress Ink pad and pressed it directly into the chipboard adding some more graphic color (which can also be seen on the floral background paper.)


The letters...well, I pulled off that brown finish to reveal the raw chipboard and then inked, and misted with a shimmer mist. Behind the hearts I've added dry embossed paper (from the kit) for some extra detail and texture.

And lastly and simply using the chipboard right from the package!


I certainly hope this gives you some ideas for spicing up the chipboard you have at home...It's an easy and inexpensive addition to your scrap stash and there are many uses for it! Can't wait to hear what you all did!
You can find my kit and the others by going HERE!

~Leah

4 comments:

Rebekkah said...

Leah what excellent ideas and tips.. would have never thought of to pull off the coating to reveal the raw chipboard.. love those layouts as well ! Have a great halloween!

pysselpetra said...

beautiful work and great ideas

Ella Swan said...

I love that you pulled off the shiny brown coating! I love the look of raw chipboard!!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Carolina! I'm bored at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the knowledge you provide here and can't wait to take
a look when I get home. I'm surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .
. Anyhow, amazing site!
http://www.seaaqaba.com/index.php?do=/blog/3919/why-you-must-buy-google-and-bing-1-votes-pinterest-and-also-instagram-follo/
My web page - polystyrene