Monday, May 23, 2011

Dimensional Door Card tutorial

Hello friends! Leah here today from Beeing Creative and Feeling Cherry. I have a fun dimensional card to share with you today. And bear with me, this photo might not be too exciting but wait until you get to the end! LOL!
I started with a die cut door. You can make something yourself and cut "window's out but really this will be so much easier with some kind of electronic die cut machine so it does the work for you. This photo shows the card base (behind) the front panel with all the detail cuts and also the other layers (green).


On the front panel I cut out the inside piece to fit the green layer. Added all the dimension foam.

And then adhered the solid piece which will be flat onto the card base, but was easier to line up by putting it here instead of on the card base.


And a dimensional view of the 2 panels put together.


I wanted to add something special to this so I will add a wreathe. Start with cutting a circle to fit the size you would like. Then punch a ton of leaves in at least 3 to 5 colors. The more variation, the better it looks. Run a circle of glue, a small line at a time and start laying the branches together.


And here is the finished card. I added a bow to the top to "hold" the wreathe on the door and added a hand made sign.


And a close up of the wreathe. I used a small piece of twine and cut 2 pieces. One adhered to the inside panel and one adhered to the wreathe itself. That and it looks more dimensional. Then I layered pearls (or eggs) into the nest, 2 large against the back panel and a smaller sitting on top. Last small detail is adding some Glossy Accents or clear dimensional glue to the door knob.


This ended up such a warm and inviting card, perfect to give my sister when she moves into her new home!
Thank you so much for taking a look and please let me know if you have any further questions!
Leah

7 comments:

ann said...

Such a beautiful card thanks for sharing Leah xx

Ness said...

wow Leah, I love this card, great tutorial, thank you so much for sharing. Think I will give this a go. Love Ness xx

Eve said...

Leah thats just too cute i have a cutting machine im going to see if i can find a file to have a go at this ...thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad you guys like!!!

annette said...

wow!! Leah, absolutely awesome ... love it ... TFS X:)

DebiJ said...

Wow whee...this is really marvellous...I really need to have a go at this one, thanks Leah!

chrisw said...

absolutely stunning leah