Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Circles and Sewing

Hey ladies and welcome to my first ever post here, I'm so excited.

Today i wanted to just talk about one of my favourite things right now and that is circles, mainly stitched circles. I never used to sew on my layouts but now i just think that a simple bit of stitching can add so much dimension and really just change a layout so much.



When i saw this inspiration picture for September i knew straight away that i would be using sewing in there, though please don't tell anyone that it took me two attempts before i liked it lol, I'm not kidding i did all my stitched circles then decided i didn't like where they were and chucked it in the bin (i do this a lot lol) Another thing that i love about stitching is that it is so relaxing, i tend to mark it all out then sit in front of the TV and just work away while i watch a fave show, honestly try it out.

To get my perfect circles i use my Fiskars circle template and i just hold it down on the paper and take my paper piercer and poke holes all the way round, remember not to do them too close in case they rip but i normally do every 5mm. Now if you don't have a template circles are so easy to do as our house is full of them, just grab a cup or glass, or if you have a circle punch just use the cut outs. so easy.



Next stage is to dress the circles up and this is fun too, i normally use stamps, patterned paper, embellishments, for journaling or just leave them empty. Just choose whats good for you.

So here is my finished layout and I'm really happy with it





Here is another one slightly different that i did last month, this one i decorated the circles by wrapping mini alphas around the circles, I really think this is a fun touch.



So go on go get your circles out and have some fun!!

happy scrapping
Caz :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! The stitched circles...
Scary...I can only imagine how mine would look! LOL!
But what a great job and a perfect detail!
Love this idea!!!!

Hugs, Leah

K Clark said...

beautiful LO's :)

Jules the Bling Princess said...

Caz, these are gorgeous. Yes, I can see how the stitching changes the whole look of the layout. Fantastic!!!

heirloomscrapping said...

I love the colours in this photo and the Samples are so inspiring

Juanna Hope Sia said...

i'm really digging circles recently (: thanks for sharing this! (really need to get a circle puncher haha, an excuse to go shopping again ;p)

pysselpetra said...

love the sewing around the circles ♥ great design