I had a completely different layout in mind when I first started creating this one. I had a wooden clock, a metal key, and a metal key hole glued down to the layout when I got the epiphany to use the poem in word strips instead. I loved the look of the strips, it made the layout look more cohesive and not so disjointed, but I had already glued on the other parts, and when I pulled them off the paper pulled off with it, leaving huge gaps, it looked awful.
So I took gesso and
smeared on on top of the "holes" and then smeared black distress paint
and black perfect pearls over the gesso. I did this in more than just
the parts of the holes, I also did it other random places to it did not
look like I had made a mistake.
I hope you enjoy my fun little tips!!