Scrapbook Kits With A Difference, and the Design Team, would like to welcome you to our first ever Recipe Layout Blog Hop. We'd like to share this special event with you, and to celebrate, we are offering three kits from Scrapbook Kits With A Difference, for 3 lucky people.
The blog hop begins at the Scrapbook Kits with A Difference (SKWAD) blog. On the SKWAD blog you will find a complete list of all the designers participating in the blog hop, in case there is a glitch along the way (see further down). If you would like to play with us, just follow along the blog path. Each SKWAD designer is linking to the next designer, and that designer is linking to the next, and so on. Be prepared to find lots of inspiration along the way. Just for you, each of our designer's have created a layout using the Blog Hop Recipe (below). Our 3 lucky winners will be randomly chosen after the hop is over. Woot! Woot!
The Recipe Blog Hop starts today, July 15th and runs through until 22nd July (midnight AUS Eastern Standard Time). The three winners will be announced on the SKWAD blog on Tuesday 24th July. All you need to do, to be in the draw to win one of the fabulous Scrapbook Kits kits, is the following:
1. Become a follower on our SKWAD blog.
2. Like us on our Facebook Page (link can be found on the top right side of the blog).
3. Add our SKWAD blinkie to your blog (found on the top left side of our blog).
4. Leave a comment on each designer's blog, and on the SKWAD blog too.
5. If you create, and share a layout, using our Blog Hop Recipe, you will receive 5 extra tickets in the draw. Please link your completed layout to the Recipe Blog Hop post. (To qualify for the extra tickets, it must be a direct link to the layout, not just a general link to your blog). Alternatively, please send your completed email to email@example.com. Entries close midnight Sunday 22nd July 2012.
Blog Hop Recipe:
3 photos, 1 cardstock, 2 patterned papers, a wet medium (eg. paint, gesso, spray mist), a mask (purchased or home-made), raw chipboard, 5 buttons (or brads), 3 rows of text, twine (or string), and 2 butterflies. Flowers, ribbons, and bling, are all optional.
To get this party started, I'd like to share the layout I created using the Blog Hop Recipe. I've used all the ingredients (plus a few extra ones, lol!). I used the cardstock as my base, and used 2 sheets of Prima paper for my layout (Strawberry Kisses and Pastiche). I used a chicken wire mask and some textured paste to create the background for my layout, then coloured it with Glimmermist sprays. I've used raw chipboard embellishments above the photo, and with the flourish beneath the flowers (I decorated it with Liquid Pearls). I couldn't find any buttons that suited my layout, so I opted to use 5 gold brads, that I have used on the bodies of my two butterflies. You can clearly see my three strips of journalling text, and I used string/twine to tie the birdcage to the flowers. I've finished decorating with some Prima flowers, a Maya Road ticket, stick pins, and Kindy Glitz.
The blog hop begins here: Scrapbook Kits With A Difference
Your next stop is here: Juanna Hope Sia
BLOG HOP ORDER:
Juanna Hope Sia
Doris Lee Widder
Thank you SO MUCH for joining us. I hope you have been inspired to go have fun and create. Don't forget to drop by on Tuesday 24th to find out who the lucky winners are!!!