Friday, December 17, 2010

Quick and easy tutorial for Tussie Mussie

My craft is called a Tussie Mussie - a cone shaped hanging ornament that's easy to make but so elegant looking and perfect for housing a small gift, gift card, or even candy! For the supplies you will need:

1 12x12 Double-sided patterned paper (must be double sided because the inside can be seen) I used the Echo Park Wintertime Line
Scissors
Strong adhesive (I used American Crafts This to That adhesive runner, and it worked great!)
Ribbon - I used Webster's Pages ribbon
Embellies - I used the Echo Park Wintertime Stickers and some MME rhinestones
Stapler


First take the 12x12 patterned paper and fold it in half diagonally, then cut along the folded line so you have a triangle piece of pp.



Hold the pp with the cut side of the pp down and the pointed side up and take one corner and curl it up until it meets right along the edge of the upper triangle. You want the bottom to close in tight, and for the top of your paper to meet the top of the triangle in the back of the cone. After you've gotten it in place adhere it together.


Then take the paper hanging on the other side of the cone and wrap it around until it meets up to the point in the back of the cone (where the other side met up), keeping the cone as tight as possible. Adhere that side, and your cone should look like this at the back.

I like to smoosh mine down a bit now as it will be easier to embellish and it's made for hanging so you want it a little flat


Your cone is now ready for embellishing! Attach a piece of ribbon around the top of the cone, starting at the back and ending around the other side of the back.



Loop a smaller piece of the ribbon and attach it at the back of the cone where all the points meet. I like to staple it because it needs to be strong if you are going to put something in it that has some weight.

Now you can embellish however you like! I used the Echo Park stickers from the wintertime collection and added a little glitter and some bling to the center, and also at the point where I attached the staple. I used my paper crimper to crimp up a piece of coordinating patterned paper and then cut it into strips to fill the cone cone, then added a gift card that I bought the other day!!

I like to hang these on the Christmas tree with various goodies and gift cards for my kids!
Have fun creating!! :)

Valerie

8 comments:

heirloomscrapping said...

this is Fantastic

ann said...

That is so pretty and I love the blues..

Amy said...

That's cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic Valerie !!

Ness said...

How lovely is that, love it, such a fabulous idea. Going to give this a go. Thanks so much for sharing. Love Ness xx

theslol said...

this pagehave a peek at this web-site check over herewhy not look here newsclick site

theree said...

replica bags online shopping india replica bags in uk replica bags qatar

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. I want to make this for my mom for Valentine's and put a few goodies In it.